Saturday, September 25, 2010

I Got My Hands On A Miracle

"Adoption is a miracle. I don't mean just that it's amazing, terrific, and a wonderful thing to do. I mean that it is, as the dictionary says. "a surprising and welcome event that is not explicable by natural or scientific laws and is therefore considered to be the work of divine agency." Baby, We Were Meant for Each Other" by Scott Simon

Trying to put into words the miracle of adoption to others is something completely overwhelming for my wife and I. At times this reality seems absurd because both my wife and I are quite gifted with the ability to compose our thoughts, emotions, and feelings in words. However, this experience is vastly different. At the present time, it is something we understand mainly through nonverbal communication abilities with one another. In the future, it might be easier, or perhaps we will find ourselves in the position of another individual in history who explained his miracle by saying to others, "I was blind but now I see."

"Miracle" (Foo Fighters)

Crazy but I'm relieved this time
Begging for sweet relief of blessing empty sky

Dying behind these tired eyes
I've been loosing sleep
Please come to me
Tonight

Hands on a miracle
I got my hands on a miracle
Leave it or not, hands on a miracle
And there ain't no way
Let you take it away

Everything that we survived
It's gonna be alright
Just lucky we're alive
Got no vision I've been blind
Searching every way you're right here in my sights

Away

2 comments:

  1. Luthor,
    The word adoption always reminds me of how we are the adopted children of the King! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was a girl that shared at one of her classes about how adoption had given her a different (perhaps deeper) understanding of what it meant to be adopted by God because she was adopted.

    ReplyDelete