Thursday, September 30, 2010

Celebrating Differences

We did it! We purchased our wonderful, beautiful, and brand new stroller. Danielle said I would like it because it was "manly enough," but although it is "manly" I like it for other reasons. However, I was made aware of another "difference" with our adoption because Danielle made the suggestion to help Carter with the stroller (and baby) on our walks we should take him on a walk with the stroller before the baby arrived. Now, a dog, a guy, and his pregnant wife would look a little different with an empty stroller, but people would probably figure it out. But, a dog, two people, and an empty stroller would look completely different to observers. Just a symbol of how we need to celebrate how our family is different. Our differences are what make us unique. There is not a single family like ours. It is made up and will be made up of completely unique individuals!

1 comment:

  1. It's the differences in people that bring out the creativity in the God we serve. So excited for you and your wife! Congrats on the "manly" stroller! =)

    ReplyDelete